BATESVILLE – December 19, 2016 – Henry “Chopper” Headley, an Environmental Services employee at Batesville High School, was named Monday as the December recipient of the “Citizens Bank Above & Beyond Award” for the Batesville School District.
The Above & Beyond program was created in 2012 by Citizens Bank and the School District to recognize employees for exceptional service to students, parents, their school, peers and the district. Anyone employed by the School District may be nominated by their peers by submitting a nomination form to their school office. Each month’s recipient is selected from the nominations and announced at a Batesville School Board meeting. The award includes a certificate from the Board, and a $25 gift card and 20-ounce RTIC tumbler from Citizens Bank.
The nominations for “Chopper” from the High School personnel mentioned Mr. Headley’s “smiling face” and the diligence with which he completes his tasks. Some of their comments:
- “First one here, last one to leave. Goes above and beyond what’s expected of him. Hardest working staff member in Batesville.”
- “He goes non-stop. He always goes the extra mile to make sure everything is done.”
- “Chopper takes pride in being a Pioneer and we take pride in the fact that he is a perfect example of what a Pioneer stands for.”
- “He always has a smile, and you will NEVER catch him not working.”
- “Chopper’s work ethic, his positive attitude, pleasant personality and caring attention he shows for everyone around him makes him the kind of employee every employer would be proud to have working for them.”