BATESVILLE – June 10, 2013 – Two Citizens Bank employees recently graduated from the Barret Graduate School of Banking in Memphis. Ken Emerson, Assistant Vice President Commercial Lender, and Janelle Shell, Business Development Officer, completed the three-year program, which included more than 40 hours of classroom instruction each year.
“Ken and Janelle are tremendous assets to our bank and customers,” said John Dews, President and Chief Executive Officer of Citizens Bank. “We commend them for expanding their base of knowledge, which will allow them to offer the best banking experience possible for our customers.”
Shell has been employed with the bank for more than six years and is committed to building relationships with area businesses. She also serves as vice chairman of the Batesville Area Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors and is Membership Coordinator of Batesville Kiwanis Club. Emerson has worked at the Citizens Bank for more than four years, providing loans and assistance primarily to the agricultural market.
“At Citizens Bank, we continually invest in our associates through training and continuing education,” Dews said. For example:
- Senior Vice President Micah Beard and Matt Martin, Vice President and Manager, Secondary Mortgage Lending, are currently enrolled at Louisiana State University for their second and first years, respectively, in the LSU Graduate School of Banking;
- Charla Foster, Senior Vice President, Human Resources Director; Rhonda McKay, Assistant Vice President and Account Services Manager; and Deborah Richardson, Assistant Vice President and Electronic Banking Supervisor recently completed their first year at Barret Graduate School of Banking;
- Training Officer Sandy Starnes will return next spring for her final year at Barret;
- Commercial Loan Officer Jeffrey Freiert recently completed Commercial Lending School at Southern Methodist University in Dallas; and
- Chuck Jones, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, will soon attend the School of Bank Marketing and Management, conducted by the American Bankers Association.
Citizens Bank of Batesville was established in 1953 by a group of local businessmen who shared a vision of creating a bank that would be committed to serving the working people of Batesville and Independence County. Today, Citizens Bank is Independence County’s largest financial institution by market share, and has expanded its service area to include Lawrence, Randolph, Sharp and Stone counties. The bank operates 10 fully staffed financial centers in Batesville, Cave City, Imboden, Mountain View and Pleasant Plains.