BATESVILLE – March 16, 2015 – Joy Camden, who serves as Treasurer for the Batesville School District, and Patty Mishark, a Sixth Grade Literacy Teacher at Eagle Mountain Magnet, were named Monday as the February and March 2015 recipients of the “Citizens Bank Above & Beyond Award” for the Batesville School District.
Citizens Bank and the district created the award in 2012 to recognize school staff members for exceptional service to students, parents, their school, peers and the district. Personnel throughout the district nominate prospective recipients of the monthly award, which includes a certificate from the Board of Education and a $50 gift card from Citizens Bank.
More than a dozen employees of the District’s Central Office nominated Ms. Camden for the February award, the presentation of which was postponed due snow and ice. The nominations consistently mentioned her dedication to get the district’s payroll processed because she is very aware of and sensitive to the impact of her job on the lives of all employees of the School District. Some typical comments:
- “This woman makes sure we are paid regardless of the weather, her health, or holidays.”
- “While everyone else was out playing in the snow because of bad weather, she found a way to get to work to do payroll.”
- “When it’s tax season, this ‘Super Woman’ works weekends and late hours to complete the job.”
- “Her name is ‘Joy’ and for good reason because she is a ‘joy’ to work with.”
A commitment to help her students, particularly those who are struggling with their schoolwork, was a consistent theme of the nominations for Ms. Mishark, the March “Above & Beyond” recipient. Several also cited her volunteer work as an archery coach. The comments included:
- “Patty always puts others before her own needs.”
- “She is very concerned about each and every student, and it is obvious that she wants them to succeed.”
- “Patty often gives up her lunch time and prep time in order to work with her students to help them become more proficient in their reading and writing.”
- “She has a gift for seeing each child’s potential and highlights those special areas to grow confidence, which yields results.”
About Citizens Bank
Citizens Bank was founded in 1953 by business and civic leaders to serve the financial needs of middle income families and small businesses. Citizens Bank works to improve the quality of life for all community residents by promoting educational opportunities, economic growth and innovative civic partnerships.