Citizens Bank, Batesville Schools Honor Danny James As March ‘Above & Beyond’ Award Recipient
BATESVILLE – March 17, 2014 – Danny James, Interim Director of the Transportation Department, was named today as the March recipient of the “Citizens Bank Above & Beyond Award” for the Batesville School District.
Citizens Bank and the district two years ago created the award to recognize school staff members who go “above and beyond” in their service to students, parents, their school, peers and the district. Personnel at all schools nominate recipients of the monthly Above & Beyond award, which includes a certificate from the Board of Education and a $50 gift card from Citizens Bank.
Nominations for Mr. James consistently cited his dedication to the school district by coming out of retirement to lead the Transportation Department. Some sample comments:
- “Danny is a hardworking and conscientious Pioneer.”
- “He has gone above and beyond – especially with the winter we have had this year!”
- “Mr. James’ first priority is always the safety of the children. He’s to be admired for his dedication and selflessness.”
- “Danny James is a person of integrity who can be depended on to do the right thing.”
- “He has done an outstanding job in difficult circumstances. I don’t know how we would have made it without him.”
About The Citizens Bank
Citizens Bank of Batesville was established in 1953 by a group of local businessmen who shared a vision of creating a bank that would be committed to serving the working people of Batesville and Independence County. Today, Citizens Bank is Independence County’s largest financial institution by market share, and has expanded its service area to include Lawrence, Randolph, Sharp and Stone counties. The bank operates 10 fully staffed financial centers in Batesville, Cave City, Imboden, Mountain View and Pleasant Plains.