BATESVILLE – January 29, 2014 – Citizens Bank has secured the services of several longtime employees of other area banks, including the former Bank of America, which has closed its Batesville offices.
“We are pleased to bolster the professionalism of our staff with the addition of so many talented bankers, led by Carma Osborn,” said John Dews, Chief Executive Officer of Citizens Bank. “Each is well known in the Batesville community and surrounding area, and each shares our commitment to solid banking principles and exceptional customer service.”
Carma Osborn, who has 39 years of banking experience with roles in branch administration, sales, service and performance measurement, and most recently as the banking center manager for Bank of America in Batesville, joined Citizens Bank as Senior Vice President and Chief Retail Officer. Osborn is now responsible for the overall direction, oversight and performance of Citizens Bank’s retail operations, including customer service activities in all branches.
“One of the fundamental objectives of Citizens Bank is to offer incredible customer service – every day, every associate, every customer, every time,” Osborn said. “It is my responsibility to ensure that each customer has an excellent banking experience every time they visit one of our branches.”
Four of Osborn’s former Bank of America colleagues have also joined Citizens Bank, including:
- Marsha Lewis, a Senior Customer Services Representative at the Main Branch who has held positions ranging from teller to branch manager during a long financial career in Batesville with such institutions as Independence Federal and Bank of America;
- Pat Savell, an Account Services Clerk at the Main Branch, who has been involved in banking for nearly 23, most of which at Bank of America, holding the positions of teller, teller manager and assistant manager;
- Melissa Story, is a Part-time Teller with Citizens Bank and is committed to providing excellent customer services as she rotates among various branches. She was associated with Bank of America for six years as a Teller, all in Batesville; and
- Amanda Webb, who was associated with Bank of America since 2004, is now a Teller at the Cave City branch of Citizens Bank. Among her current responsibilities are “looking for opportunities to better help my customers.”
Two former Liberty Bank employees also have joined Citizens Bank:
- Shelia Speer as a Bankruptcy Specialist and as the new Special Assets Manager, after working eight years in Special Assets with Liberty Bank; and
- Eva Henriksen, who has more than 20 years of banking experience, has accepted a position as a Commercial Loan Processor with Citizens Bank. She previously worked as Loan Assistant, Loan Processor and Mortgage Processor with Liberty Bank and the former MidSouth Bank in Jonesboro, and as a Teller at First National Bank in Newport.
About The Citizens Bank
Citizens Bank of Batesville was established in 1953 by a group of local businessmen who shared a vision of creating a bank that would be committed to serving the working people of Batesville and Independence County. Today, Citizens Bank is Independence County’s largest financial institution by market share, and has expanded its service area to include Lawrence, Randolph, Sharp and Stone counties. The bank operates 10 fully staffed financial centers in Batesville, Cave City, Imboden, Mountain View and Pleasant Plains.